ScoutWired is dedicated to trying to connect Scouts, and after a long and deep investigation into the safest and securest platforms ScoutWired has launched a text-only Chat Service on Discord.
If you are interesting in helping us moderate the public chat channels on Discord, please send us a recruitment ticket in the contact-us page.
JOIN US ON DISCORD: Click/Tap Here!!
or Click on the ‘Join Server’ on the Widget if the link is broken.
To download Discord for PC/Mac/Linux: Visit their website
Click HERE for our page on how to secure Discord for maximum safety
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- ScoutWired has disabled PM/DM between users on the server, this is to increase the level of security for users. Users can BLOCK users from their end by clicking their name on the user list and selecting the option from the pop-up menu. Users found attempting to circumvent our rules around not DM/PM-ing users will be banned.
- The ScoutWired Discord server is auto-moderated for NSFW content, the system will not allow it to post to the channel.
- ScoutWired does not own the Discord Server, any DM/PM logs between users who have ‘friended’ are not retrievable by ScoutWired. If any illegal activity occurs in PM/DM, please contact your local Law Enforcement provider.
- ScoutWired will ban any user attempting to send unsolicited friend requests. Please report the user directly to a Team Member, or submit a ticket on the contact-us page
- The ScoutWired Discord server requires users to have met the following conditions to be eligible to join the server and chat:
- You must have a registered account with Discord
- You must have verified the account with a valid email address or phone number, and owned the account for longer than 5 minutes- You can then join the SW Discord Server
- You will be required to wait 10 minutes (A timer will appear) before you can post your first message (this only happens when you first join, not every time you join). The 10 minutes is a security measure imposed by Discord for the MLAT reporting as part of their law enforcement requirements. While you are waiting;
- Check the Pinned messages in the channels
- Check the FAQ channel
- Once you have done this you will be able to post any time to the channels you can see.
- Have respect for others and yourself.
- Keep topic’s and chat PG13 at all times.
- Don’t direct message others, or invite them to others servers.
- Don’t share personal details such as your full name, address, email, social media, game-tags or send friend requests.
- This server has a zero tolerance for racism, homophobia, sexism, discrimination and bullying.
- Follow the instructions from team members and be respectful to everyone on the server.
- Don’t Impersonate team members or claim to have authority on the server.
- Don’t ping team members unless its an emergency, if you have a problem or question open a ticket under support.
- Please don’t mention/promote other scouting/guiding providers, servers or groups & Don’t post anything that is inappropriate, distasteful, offensive or spam.
- You are responsible for making sure your account, profile picture, status and its activity on the server are appropriate.
- Please bear in mind that this server has a 10 minute wait before you can post and that breaking or attempting to circumvent any of the above rules may result in you being kicked or banned from this server.
ScoutWired has the right to permanently ban a user who is constantly playing vulgar, offensive or inappropriate content through ‘Spotify’ or any other streaming program while part of our Discord server.
1) Block user is still available. SW has no means to unblock a user from another user.
2) Break a rule and you will be punished according to our user management matrix, without exception. You can appeal your ban via our Suport Site.
3) Attempting to circumvent our ‘No 1-1 messaging policy’ , or if we are advised that you are sending friend requests to our users, will result in your account being banned permanently. You can appeal your ban via our Contact Us page on our website.
4) SW team members are trained to do their job. They met a high level of expected outcomes in user management and network protection. Plain and simple, they run this place. Being kicked or banned is at your own peril. We don’t like having to do it, but sometime it has to happen when the team do not approve of people’s behavior.
5) It is also important to note: If you hold any rank in Scouting/Guiding, that does not give you any authority on our services. Our leadership team and team members are capable of operating our systems and we have systems in place to deal with trouble makers in the user base.
6) ScoutWired respects that we all come from different parts of the world, speak difference languages, and have diverse cultures. This means that nicknames: -need to be sociable and tasteful -are not inappropriate or rude. -are not linked to your NSO (e.g.: BSA or TSA, etc). -do not insinuate that you have authority or rank on our services or systems. -does not represent a business, organisation or entity other than a group/section account for a Scouting or Guiding body. -are subject to scrutiny by the ScoutWired team, and that users may be required to change their nickname prior to a ScoutWired team member changing it for them.